Session 14: February 23, 2010:
*Part 3: Chapter 3: Anti-Greed
Here are the questions:
*** Chapter 3: Anti-Greed ***
* What is so evil about Dr. Stadler's endorsement of Project X? What
knowledge does he have and what choices does he face during this
unveiling? Why does he choose as he does? What will be the effects
of his endorsement of Project X on his psychology? (816-31)
* What is so striking to Dagny on her return to the world? How does
the contrast of the valley make her see the world in a new light?
* What is the Railroad Unification Plan? How does it function? What
will be its effects? What does it show Dagny about the looters?
* How does Lillian attempt to blackmail Dagny into appearing on
Bertram Scudder's radio program? What does Lillian reveal about her
views and motives in the process? (847-50)
* What does Hank Rearden say to Dagny on her return to the apartment?
What is its meaning and importance? What has Rearden learned since
the night that their affair began? (856-61)
* What is the significance of the title of this chapter?